I'm actually updating our blog!! Yeah!
So sorry for the long delay in updating this. Much has changed in the past few weeks.
The major changes in a nutshell:
- Brian has lost 20 pounds! (I started a Body Boot Camp on Jan. 5 so we decided to start eating better.) I'm so proud of him -- and lucky to have such a supportive spouse who helped me through this 8-week program!
- I have lost 11 pounds, 7+ inches and gained some muscle. Anyone up for a gun show? I can give you one! My last actual day of Boot Camp was today and I'm sad it's over. I'm about halfway to my goal. The next boot camp starts in May and I can't wait!! In the meantime I plan to train for the Drake Relays half-marathon and Dam to Dam. And now that I've written it on this blog I HAVE to follow through! :)
- My territory for work has grown fairly large (we've had 3 rounds of layoffs since August, so although I'm fortunate to still have a job, my area has grown to compensate for those who were let go ... hence one of the reasons for my absenteeism on this blog!).
- Sam is truly a joy although sometimes he'd rather be a naughty big brother. He is a very sweet little boy who is quick with a hug and kiss and constantly makes us laugh. He loves to say "Idea!" and then proceed to tell us his next grand plan. Some of his favorites include playing catch and lining up and playing with his Matchbox cars. Tonight he was watching TV with Brian while I made supper. He asked if Brian would like to share his blanket. Brian said "no, thank you". To which Sam replied, "good job saying no thank you, Daddy!"
- Jake is movin' and a shakin' like no other! He's army-crawling everywhere and is starting to get up on all fours. His first two teeth are just around the corner, too, as both of his bottom teeth are starting to poke through.
That's about it from here. Sorry to take so long in posting. Hope all is well and I'll try to update this more often. :)