Sunday, November 11, 2007

Congratulations, Aunt Mary!





Last week, my aunt Mary was inducted into the athletics hall of fame at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. It was a very nice ceremony and I was glad to be able to attend. (This was her umpteenth induction, as she's already a member of the Creighton University athletics hall of fame, Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union Hall of Fame and who knows what else. Let's just say she is a stud.)

As an only child (and only grandchild for nearly 19 nears) I think of my three aunts and uncle as my sisters and brother. We are a close family and they have always been extremely supportive of me and have taught me many things throughout the years. I idolized them as I grew up, and it's really special when I hear that others feel the same way about them. They are my family and I am so proud.

Congratulations, Aunt Mary!

No comments: