Sunday, February 24, 2008

Big Boy Bed!


Thursday night was probably my most difficult so far as a parent. Around 12:30, Sam was crying a little so I decided to go check on him. His diaper was pretty wet so I figured I'd change him real quick and get him back in his crib before he woke up any more. He had different plans, and didn't want to get back into his crib. Of course I told him it's "night night time" and I loved him and I'd see him in the morning. As I was standing near his door, he started to climb out of his crib. Only his legs went flying over his head, causing him to do a complete flip and land on the back of his head. Extremely hard. On the hardwood floor. It all seemed to happen in slow motion before I could get to him. The poor kid was crying really hard as I frantically checked for blood or bumps or anything. In the meantime, Brian ran into the room to see what was going on. And wouldn't you know, there is not a bump on his head at all. We were so glad that he was okay and acting 'normal'.

Needless to say, we didn't want to put him back in his crib for fear that it might happen again. So we brought him to sleep in our bed. (Not a great idea ... He just wanted to sit on our heads, play with my hair, tickle us, pinch us, stand up, etc.) Next I took him to the spare room and laid in bed with him. Same thing. Finally we brought out the pack-n-play and set it up in our room. We were all finally back asleep around 3 a.m.

So, guess what? Sam is now sleeping in his "big boy bed"! Since we had previous plans to stay with my parents on Friday night, on Saturday we set up his bed in the living room so he could "try it out" while watching one of his favorite videos. He loves it, and we are so glad! We figured he'd be running all around his room but the darn kid went right to sleep last night. And he's napping in it as I type. We couldn't be more proud of our "big boy"!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That had to be scary! Glad he is ok!
Alright, I have to know how you got your pregnancy ticker to fit in your side column, mine always cuts off. Call me or email me and let me know please!