Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dreading Monday

I'm dreading tomorrow. It's not just an ordinary Monday. It's my first day back to work after having 12 weeks off for maternity leave. It's the first time both boys will be at daycare together and the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. Sam will probably never remember going by himself. He'll always have his little brother by his side. Although I'm extremely glad they'll be buddies and have each other to play with, I'm sad I won't be there for them each and every day. It's such a heartbreaking, heavy guilt that mothers go through when taking their kids to daycare. I think it's a bit easier with Jake than with Sam since we already know the caregiver, but it's still difficult. If anyone knows of a part-time job in the Ames area with benefits, I'm seriously interested. Seriously.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Thinking of you today...
you're a terrific mom and your boys will know that regardless of your hours per day with them. quality....
love ya.

Amy said...

Thanks. That means a lot coming from someone I admire so much! :-) Just reading your comments brought a tear to my eye. I'm an emotional person anyway, but today even more so! Thanks for the kind words; they mean a lot.

Dreams and Designs said...

I know, it's SO difficult! I hope things went OK back at work. Your little dollies will learn lots of valuable skills at daycare too and you will both appreciate your time together so much!!! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Thought about you all week! I know you did great! I actually was in town and drove by your house on Wed but knew you weren't there:(